Auburn, AL 36849
Charter Date December 7, 1940
Chapter No. 23
Advisor Dr. Richard Williams
In the fall of 1940, senior mechanical engineering students from Alabama Polytechnic Institute contacted the National Council of Pi Tau Sigma, obtained the approval of the Executive Committee of the Institute, and petitioned for a chapter. The petition was granted and was voted at the twenty-third National Convention. Formal installation was held December 7, 1940 with National Secretary H. E. Degler officiating, assisted by members of Georgia Tech Nu Chapter.
In 1960 Alabama Polytechnic Institute changed its name to Auburn University. The chapter has continued to promote scholarship, professionalism, and a strong educational program in Mechanical Engineering.
Auburn Chi has sponsored freshman and senior scholarships, a pre-engineering open house and tour of Mechanical Engineering, an initiate smoker, and an undergraduate tutorial program.